…and I’m just waiting for it to appear to openmoko to get rid of my iphone. it will take a while, I know.
- ad-hoc communications the gadgets communicate with one another without a central connection
- voip carriers will NEVER allow a corporate phone to have it. it spells death to them.
- cryptography with USA government into this spying frenzy, no carrier would offer this option
frankly, i’m waiting for an openmoko + flex app because the adobe thermo presentation really inspired me. assuming adobe is as pissed off at apple as we consumers are, I assume adobe + open source can tap into all this innovation that apple arrogantly snubbed.
i’m writing this post using my nokia n93 cellphone - it has wi-fi capabilities - and a bluetooth keyboard. fast input, fast connection, portability. i’m sold!
Back on The Chain Gang
“I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh
What hijacked my world that night
To a place in the past
We’ve been cast out of? oh oh oh oh
Now we’re back in the fight
We’re back on the train
Oh, back on the chain gang
A circumstance beyond our control, oh oh oh oh
The phone, the tv and the news of the world
Got in the house like a pigeon from hell, oh oh oh oh
Threw sand in our eyes and descended like flies
Put us back on the train
Oh, back on the chain gang
The powers that be
That force us to live like we do
Bring me to my knees
When I see what they’ve done to you
But I’ll die as I stand here today
Knowing that deep in my heart
They’ll fall to ruin one day
For making us part
I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh
Those were the happiest days of my life
Like a break in the battle was your part, oh oh oh oh
In the wretched life of a lonely heart
Now we’re back on the train
Oh, back on the chain gang”
some links worth note
- The Gospel of Supply Side Jesus [comic] in the same model of those silly xtian pamphlets, hilarious!
- pornography, with pictures removed pornpix, with the bodies edited out. eerie! :)
- John’s War [depoiment] from a “guy from the future”… i’m a sucker for those fringe depoiments… the concept of a new civil war in america fits like a glove on what i’ve been looking at… damn…
- Web Dictionary of Cybernetics and Systems [dictionary] from the principia cibernetica people (a bunch of serious transhumanists), to help you not to get lost in the buzzwords
- Alice’s Adventures under Ground the original precursor of alice in wonderland, page by page
- Fluidtime [concept] using cellphones to share & organize limited resources between members. that’s revolutionary
Well, it seems clear to me…
After the creation of Airport Express, he will announce a new ipod with wi-fi transmission.
It means the ipod will turn out to be the perfect remote control for your sound (it’s already tiny enough), and all you’ll need to create a party would be an ipod and an airport express (and a good sound system, and broadband connection, but we assume you already have it).
or: a bluetooth connection, but the airport express don’t receive it yet, and music on bluetooth is *lame*.
Other /neat/ invention would be upgrade the ipod software to allow dj spinning… you pre-hear your selection on the headphone, without interrupting the wi-fi transmission, select the next tune on-the-fly, and scratch it to mix (the controls are circular and responsive!). but time to time, first the wi-fi connection.
sadly i asked for an ipod, when they offer an airport express. two points for my add… :-/