I’m the hunter
I bring back the goods
but I don’t know when
Bjork - Hunter
With feed subscriptions turning blogs into push media, blog authors don’t need to keep on writing all the time to be relevant. Instead, niche blogs can afford to follow really specific themes at its own pace.
Think of it as curators of miscellania. Below, a list of some cool ones.
- Ampersand Blog - gallery of ampersands
- Bunnylicious - art + bunnies
- The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation Marks
- Passive-Agressive Notes - painfully polite and hilariously hostile writings from shared spaces the world over
- Skull a day - a daily reminder of memento mori
- LP Cover Lover
- Mickey Feio - gallery of ugly mickeys
- I can has cheezburger - LOLcats abound
- LOLtheist - blasphemy is the funneh
- Push. Click. Touch. - how people and technology interact
- Band Logos
- Strange Maps
- Photoshop Disasters
- White Whine
- Street Use - the ways in which people modify and re-create technology
- Art of the Title - movies title sequence, with screenshots & videos
- Marketing Alternatif - French, but the pictures say it all
- BibliOdyssey - Visual materia obscura
- Animation Backgrounds - original or digitally recreated cartoon bgs
- Suicide Food - on the carnivore dilemma of befriending your food
- Architectures of Control - design solutions that restricts user interaction. from low to high tech.
japanese women, submissive?
found with random personal picture finder (you gotta turn off SafeSearch to find these links, however!)
some links worth note
- The Gospel of Supply Side Jesus [comic] in the same model of those silly xtian pamphlets, hilarious!
- pornography, with pictures removed pornpix, with the bodies edited out. eerie! :)
- John’s War [depoiment] from a “guy from the future”… i’m a sucker for those fringe depoiments… the concept of a new civil war in america fits like a glove on what i’ve been looking at… damn…
- Web Dictionary of Cybernetics and Systems [dictionary] from the principia cibernetica people (a bunch of serious transhumanists), to help you not to get lost in the buzzwords
- Alice’s Adventures under Ground the original precursor of alice in wonderland, page by page
- Fluidtime [concept] using cellphones to share & organize limited resources between members. that’s revolutionary
i was enjoying the flow of all those connections and coincidences, and then i realized that when the world acts like a ball your mind (everything starting to make sense, the joining of missing links, a sense of wonder and fullfillment), it’s because a crash is about to happen.
i explained my state of mind to sweethell - an old friend of mine - and she said “beware, i was feeling this way just before i got pregnant” (it was a turning point for her, she had to change everything from inside out to adjust to her new reality).
damn witch. she’s not only right but she said exactly in the tone i was concluding myself. a warning.
If it cannot hatch from its shell,
the chick will die without ever being born.
We are the chick;
the world is our egg.
If we don’t break the world’s shell,
we will die without truly being born.
Smash the world’s shell,
for the Revolution of the World.
I’m so amazed by the netflix service that I decided to create a bookmarklet of it.
how it works: whenever you read about some actor, movie or director you wanna know more about, just select the term and click on Search Netfix!. A new page will open with the netflix answers, so you can add to your queue right away.
how to install: as any other bookmarklet, just drag this Search Netflix! link to your Links (Favorites, in some browsers) toolbar, click ok to the warning, and you are good to go.
if you have no Links or favorites toolbar on your browser, try View > Toolbars and check it.
you saw this stalker layer (it keeps following you while you scroll by) with broken images.
yeah, i’m in the middle of a change on this site: I already made the structural changes (html and stuff), but was too lazy for the navigational ones (design, content & hints). it’s free, get used to it.
but if you wanna navigate on it, the first broken image is the “about me” section (no text, tho), the second one is the classical “links” section and the third the “contact me” section. I just had to split them to explain what was it for (no use to have an app with no instructions).
thanks for the preference.
nice project with a lot of nice and weird detóurnements.
the visual section is real good, some examples and links (like this one on your left).
but the video section contains the files per se, so you can watch
- gimme the mermaid, a movie made by a disney employee in his after hours
- Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story, a caren carpenter (and her anorexia) biography, all performed by barbie dolls (warning, the video is big! 447mb and 43″)
- those gi-joe films i already told before, and more.
with a careful explanation of the whys of the movement, truly worth the visit.